Thursday 30 October 2008

When i thought that everything was lost... there i found a Black Devil Doll

Where to start? A couple of weekends ago, i was home, my hubby was ill, so not much to do in the outside world. I had then some time to check the usual websites with horror films' info and trailers. I have listed some of those links in this blog.

So, i was checking out some trailers. For example, i saw a few trailers from a mad film called: 'Zombie Strippers'. Don't need to say more, otherwise i'll spoil the fun. And then, the title to a fantastic film to set my eyes on: 'Black Devil Doll', by an American film maker named Jonathan Lewis. He seems to be a very clever chap with much knowledge of the so called 'giallo' films. I think it was there where he got me, no need for more. He's made a graceful homage to the work of Argento, for instance.

Since i was an older girl, eleven years old to be precise, before turning into a nasty teenager, i started watching Argento's and Bava's films. These films helped me to go through the social alienation i suffered as a teenager (I went to a stupid posh school with spoiled brats that didn't care to include me in their idiotic circle). In the long run, i learnt to be grateful. Who knows what waste would have become of me if i would have fit in that kind of Mexican/semi-upper class system. Don't even want to dare to think about that possibility.

Anyway, that's my background in a nutshell. Horror films and books were part of my self-help back in the day. So far, until the present they remain a very important part of my life. For instance, last year, I began attending the London 'Fright Fest', which is a great opportunity to watch mad horror films with people alike. The link to that website is also listed in this blog.

Sorry for the detour.

Thus yes, I'm one of the most looking forward kind of people to watch this film. Black Devil Doll is about a diabolically possessed black doll who rapes and kills white chicks. Yes, you read it right. But, it is supposed to be only a doll... yet after a satanic rite, things go wrong, very wrong. This is one of the most sleazy things i've come across in a while, it's a mixture of horror films, blaxploitation and whitexploitation, and all other sorts of exploitations. Simply magnificent and funny. I guess i would have to wait until i can buy the dvd, which seem to become available by December.

For more info you can click on the film's poster image i've added in this blog. Enjoy!

No comments: