Tuesday 5 May 2009

Lost & Found

I have been having thoughts on how to continue the development of this blog. So far, I have included a wide range of comments, images, videos, that I have thought reflect the challenge that triggered this blog.

As of now, I have been very busy getting things done, that I have not given myself time to write; and that's why I have been simply posting non-original things.

However, I have a massive thing going on. A thing that I consider the biggest challenge to answering whether we are more than a chemical reaction. A body thing. This has been one of my long lasting enquiries in life, since reading philosophy back in high school. The duality or the dualism of body & soul? On the one hand, we have a "mind" determined by us having a brain. The mind is ethereal. We have a body representing the "holy building" that takes us around (physically) and that makes us recognise ourselves among others, and vice versa.

When a body thing is going on, organs, liquids, hormones, glands, etc. change in behaviour. These changes affect our mood, our relation to ourselves and to the outside world. Yet, being aware of the consequences of a body thing going on, does not necessarily mean that we can control them. Sometimes they are rather overwhelming, and we react accordingly.

Nonetheless, it is possibly in the "mindset" for controlling how we react/respond to the body's functions that we can fight a battle. This battle is created under the conditions of enlightenment, which is an earlier version of European arrogance. This has been transmitted across the colonised world, and nowadays many of us act or are expected to act in this way. Consequently, leaving little space for concentration on the experience of the body and communicating with it and letting it be.

In brief, I will go through my bodily experience. I will try my best to let my body be. Take me to the dance, and see how i shake it.

No comments: